Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mondo_gw

Lawn Cart Tires

mondo
12 years ago

I have a lawn cart that as given to me and it appears I need to replace the tires. I was told it was purchased from TSC some years ago. I tried to slime the tires, but they still go flat after sitting for a couple of weeks. They appear to be dry-rotted,cracked, etc. Question is are these replaced just as tires or is the tire and hub a unit. Where can I get cheap tires for this?

Comments (3)

• rustyj14
    12 years ago

A mower junk yard could be the source of upply, but by the time you pay the postage and the price of the tires, you'd might as well go buy new tires.
    A local sell-anything store sells tires that never go flat-they have a sponge type of filler in them. They are advertised as wheel-barrow tires, but can be used on other things, too. A bit pricey, but if you have ever tried replacing those small tiresa, by hand, you will think their price is just right!
    All you have to do is measure yer axle diameter, and buy wheel and all to fit yer axle!
    I have changed a few of the lawn tractor type tires, and they are a pain in the neck, and everywhere else! So now, i drive 60 miles to a tire place and they can and will change them for a price. Saves my old body and brain from a high-pressure blow-out! You'll learn why i say that!

• mownie
    12 years ago

Without seeing the condition of the rims, it's not possible to say that you could just "put new tires on the old wheels and problem solved".
    If these wheels/tires were mounted to be tubeless.........and the rim bead seat of the wheels is badly rusted........you would be much better off buying new wheels with new tires already on them.
    These types of wheels are fairly generic and can be purchased from a variety of sources such as home improvement centers, farm supply stores, lawn equipment dealer.........or Harbor Freight Tool.
    Or..........beat the bushes for used as rustyj suggests.

• ollieduke
    12 years ago

When you need mower or cart tires,be sure and surf the internet,I needed tires for an old Sears mower and I found them on the internet at half the price of a tire from Sears. They can be very hard to change,this one had been on the rim for 20 years,I had to cut the bead with a hacksaw and chisel the rest off. (had rusted to the rim)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH