Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tilling with a BCS 720

Posted by tillingutah Utah (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 17, 14 at 12:00

I just purchased a BSC 720 and I tried it out and it did ok but I wasn't very impressed with its tilling abilities so I looked at the tines and a couple were flopping around because of missing bolts, and about half of them were wore down to little stubs. After I installed a new set of tines I saw the true power of the BSC tiller. But now I am having another issue. I am used to a counter rotating Husqvarna tiller that would just slowly move forward as it digs down. This forward rotating tine BSC seems to grab in and and the tines propel the tiller forward extremely fast at times. I am having difficulty being able to till anything smoothly and evenly because of this. Am I doing something wrong or missing something? Any tips would be appreciated.

Also a couple other things I am wondering about is the shifting gears and putting it in reverse. The gear shifter is very stiff along with the reverse lever are very stiff and hard to move. Is that pretty normal or is there somewhere I can lube it up to make them move easier? I tried wd40 on the shifter but I just got caked with dirt after I tilled for a minute. Thanks for any comments.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tilling with a BCS 720

d/l, read manual.

Here is a link that might be useful: bcs 720 manual

o

That's one of the best if not the best tiller there is, Hope you get everything working ok!

o

How do you download it? I went in a signed up for the sisplay free trial but when i search for it, it only brings up books, movies, games etc.
I already looked on the BCS website but those downloads are not even legible.

o

nevermind, I emailed the support at BCS and they sent me a very good copy of the PDF.

o

Forward rotating tillers do tend to walk on the tines in hard or rocky ground. If you do a series of shallow cuts, you should be ok. They are better at tilling under debris.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here