Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman lawn tractor

Posted by rontak none (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 19, 13 at 13:26

I have a Craftsman Lawn tractor model 917287240 that was purchased in 2007, I was mowing the lawn and it died. Now the engine turns but doesn't start. The spark plug sparks, replaced the carb, fuel is getting to the carb, tried starting with the air filter off but same problem. The engine is a 21hp Briggs & Stratton model 331877-0805-E1. Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman lawn tractor

Does the fuel solenoid click when turning the key ON/OFF?

If so, try priming the carb with a couple teaspoons of gas.
You may be getting fuel TO the carb, but we don't know if you are getting fuel THROUGH the carb.

o

Yes the solenoid is working.

o

I found the problem with the tractor. One of the rocker arm's stud worked it's way out about 1/8". Tightened it, regapped, now working OK. Thanks for your help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here