Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's that time of year, what's your primary mower?

Posted by bushleague MA (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 10, 10 at 13:57

It's that time of year when we post pics of our primary mowers, or your favorite mower. Don't forget, bigger isn't always better when navigating around mulch beds and through gates. Shown is a 2003 Gravely Pro150, 36" quick adjust deck, powered by a 16HP Honda GXV530 twin.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's that time of year, what's your primary mower?

• Posted by larso1 So. CO Zone 5 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 10, 10 at 19:01

My main mower: JD Z425 (c.2007) w/ power-flo bagger (not yet installed at time of photo)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My backup: 1987 Wards MTD (bought new) w/ bagger:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

I only have the one - a 1987 JD 160.

o

That "felis catus domestica" is the best protection against rodents building nests in the engine room.

o

This is my go to mower. I'll take some pictures of my back up tomorrow.

o

mssurveyor:

nice rig...did you detail it for the pictures? It looks like it has never cut a blade of grass!

o

Haaa Haaa! Thanks! You're right about the detailing. It was fairly new at that time last June, and I just got through giving it a bath. It still looks fairly good with a few scratches and some paint chips. I just have 50 hours on it now. Well I'm on my way out to clip a few blades just now.

here it is last week.

ms

o

An old Toro-Wheel Horse! Came to me as a gift from my son. Didn't run, but some TLC got it operating. I like it. I have several back-up lawn tractors that can be used, but i like the Toro. Its not pretty, and i don't have a camera to send pics. But its a worker!

o

How old rustyj14?

o

Rusty is purty old :) One of these days we gotta have an ugly sitdown mower thread. My '77 IH Cadet 80 is ugly and has quite a bit of bailing wire holding it together. It has a wicker bar stool for a seat. Presently running without the hood. Runs and mows OK

o

"Rusty is purty old :) One of these days we gotta have an ugly sitdown mower thread. My '77 IH Cadet 80 is ugly and has quite a bit of bailing wire holding it together. It has a wicker bar stool for a seat. Presently running without the hood. Runs and mows OK"

LOL! I know Rusty's is old as John Wayne! I was asking about the Toro-Wheel Horse! What year Toro-Wheel Horse?

LMAO

ms

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here