Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Briggs & Stratton, intek 20hp

Posted by lwheless none (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 14, 13 at 14:18

My mower quit on me yesterday... There was gas dripping off a fuel line and I thought the line was leaking.. Replaced line, then found cylinders fuel of gasoline. It just poured out when I pulled a plug. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be and how to fix it??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Briggs & Stratton, intek 20hp

Carburetor needle & seat assembly is leaking through.
Likely a speck of debris is keeping the needle from fully sealing off the fuel flow to the carb.
The float acts very similar to the float in your toilet tank. If it leaks through, "fluid" keeps running.

Posting the Model & Type numbers of the engine is helpful.
Also, using those, go to the Briggs website and download the correct IPL for your engine.
it'll have an exploded view of the carb.

Saying Briggs Intek is akin to saying Chevy sedan. Which one?

o

When you get float problem fixed, suggest you install an inline fuel shut off and use it when the engine is not running.

Walt Conner

o

The model and type are: 407777-0171.
But I could not find this model number on the site...

o

Did you plug in the COMPLETE Type#?
The number you posted is short a
-xx

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here