Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is my B&S Engine choking?

Posted by leroux5859 z3NY (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 25, 10 at 15:59

As I ride my Sabre 2048 tractor with it's 35VOHV2 Intertek engine there is a periodic rumble that sounds perhaps like the engine is choking. Whether the blades are engaged or not the tractor "rumbles", slightly hesitates briefly and then goes on just fine. This occurs with no regularity but in the space of 20 minutes it might occur 10 times. The sound is the same sound the engine makes if the seat is lifted and the engine is automatically shutting down. Again, it is like the choke has been left on(?), but I check to make sure it is all the way down. I'd like to perhaps fix it myself if I can. The gas is fresh the oil and air filters are new and or clean. The inline gas filter is only about three months old.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is my B&S Engine choking?

You might need to examine the seat switch just to make sure it is not activating when you lean in the seat or hit bumps. It could be a loose connector on the seat switch or even a broken wire there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here