Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
deck leveling

Posted by cmar22 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 2, 10 at 18:59

I need to level my deck on my Scotts 17hp/42" mower by John Deere. I bought it in 2002 and don't have the owners manual any longer. The left side is lower than the right side. Any directions on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: deck leveling

I found this page that may help.

Here is a link that might be useful: Scott

o
RE: deck leveling

I would first make sure the tire pressure is the same front to back. back usually runs between 8 to 10 depending on how much cushion you like and the front 10 to 12 depending on how easy steering you like. Set it on level concrete and use measuring tape. Some manufactures have the front of the deck lower than the back Usually about 3/4" lower in the front, not owning your model can't say if your model requires this (probably not out, unless you been tampering with it or something worked loose?), side to side should be the same and mostly it would be the one off. Usually your blades being dull or worn out cause and uneven cut. I would take a close look at the blades also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here