Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Returned Toro Z4235 Time Cutter Z

Posted by toroinfo ON, Canada (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 14, 10 at 19:55

Hi,
Just went to Home Depot in Toronto. A returned Toro Z4235 Time Cutter Z, 42" deck, Kawi 22HP twin. Used very little (1-2 hours?). Still have Toro 3yr warranty. The price is CAD 1799.00 (about US$1850).
The normal Canadian Home Depot price for brand new one is CAD 2999.00, now drop to CAD$2799
I am thinking of getting it tomorrow if it is still there.
Anybody opinion? Reliability, pros/cons, pricewise???
Thanks
herman

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Returned Toro Z4235 Time Cutter Z

• Posted by larso1 So. CO Zone 5 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 14, 10 at 21:17

On the surface, sounds like a real good deal. I don't know about that model, but that's a large premium engine for only a 42-in. deck. You shouldn't have any trouble cutting through tall heavy grass with it.

o

My wife and I did a little research on that mower last year for my mother in law. The Toro has some high ratings for a light duty home owner mower. I've seen a few of them mowing while traveling about at work. The Toro seems to do a good job. My mother in law's neighbor is a farm home and garden equipment salesman. He had one at his house for a while mowing his lawn. It always looked good. Heck, that's a $1,000 off sales price. What Ya got to lose? Get an extended warranty with the money saved.

Here is a link that might be useful: Reviews

o

Hi,
Just met HD supervisor.
Z4235 was returned last month, didnt start.
Fixed by an authorized Toro dealer.
$1799 ($1000 less than the brand new)
Very little use, the blades are still clean.
Returnable in 30 days. Warranty by Home Depot is only 90 days.The brand new warranty is 3 years, by Toro.
Should I take it or leave it? Thx for your kind opinion.
herman

o

Fri, Jul 16, 10 at 11:50

Take it. How can you go wrong if you can return it before 30 days of trial use on your lawn?

o

Hi everybody and larso1 and mssurveyor,
I paid for this Zero Turn, $1799 CAD
Will pickup tomorrow, 7am, no traffic, will just drive it on shoulder, my home is 500 meter from this Home Depot. Hopefully the Cop will not stop me.
So now, I have two tractors, Toro 17-44 HXL, that I just replaced its head gasket following this forum advice, running perfectly, and this Z4235.
Will post picture after I get it
Regards
herman

o

Fri, Jul 16, 10 at 18:18

Sounds good. Always nice to have a backup mower for whatever reason. Nothing like being walking distance from a Home Depot, LOL.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here