Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kawasaki drain plug

Posted by richard48367 10 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 12, 13 at 20:51

I repowered a gravely 1238H from a 12 hp Kawasaki to a 14 hp kawasaki fc420vs17. Was about 2 years ago. When I did it I forgot to use the drain plug adapter on the 14 hp. So changing the oil makes a mess. Drains over the frame. The adapter has a tee on it . . . so . . if it were to be used, I would have to remove the engine from the chassis. Don't want to do that. And I don't know if that adapter from the 12hp will fit the 14hp. Anyone know what size the drain plug and thread configuration. I could screw in a 2" straight piece that would make things alot easier. Is the drain plug metric? Any help would be appreciated.

This post was edited by richard48367 on Fri, Jul 12, 13 at 21:07

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kawasaki drain plug

• Posted by exmar 6 SE Ohio (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 13, 13 at 13:19

If it were me, I'd take the drain plug out and go to the local hardware store and see what I could come up with. Obvioiusly, disconnect the plug wires or otherwise make sure it couldn't be started in the interim.

Good luck,

Ev

o
RE: kawasaki drain plug

The adapter that came from the 12 hp kawa is 3/8" pipe thread.
Good chance the 14 hp replacement kawa is also 3/8", so I'll buy some 3/8" fittings for the next oil change. I thought the drain plug would have been metric. Not so

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here