Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
John Deere 130 problems

Posted by abctree936 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 21, 10 at 21:45

Hello, I was recently given a JD 130 lawn tractor from the mid 80s all it needed was a battery.

With the PTO off it runs smooth, except for an occasional 2 second bogging.

If I engage the mower it will mow for a while until it hits that occasional 2 second bog, except it won't recover until I hit the clutch. As I mow for longer periods, this problem worsens until I can no longer mow. I was not trying to mow tall grass at all.

Any help would greatly be appreciated! Where can I begin, I don't know much about lawn tractors. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: John Deere 130 problems

might be a blocked fuel tank cap vent being blocked. Run a small stiff wire thru it to make sure it's open. Also chk fuel hoses from tank to carb, looking for soft spots, cracks, etc. Replace as needed and also replace fuel filter.
If still trouble, pull engine shroud sheet metal and clean fins well. If it still wants to stall, immediately chk for good spark at plug to determine if prob is elect or fuel related. Post details back here.

o
RE: John Deere 130 problems

I would also check the air filter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here