Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
John deere 116 mower deck question

Posted by onefstbird wi (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 21, 10 at 21:57

I just picked up a John deere 116 Riding lawn mower(mid 80s) and have a question on the height adjustment It has the bar on the left side with the button on the top and a height selector on a knob next to it. I hit the top button on the bar and it pushes down and pops up again and seems to do nothing. The deck doesn't stay up it always goes to the lowest setting. there is no stop it just goes all the way down nothing holds it up is there something that needs to be fixed under the dash area? I dont know anything about the mower I have never used a older john deere before I just want to get the deck height adjustment working again.thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: John deere 116 mower deck question

I believe you need to blow out the old grass around the latch that holds the deck up(it is found in the left side frame just beside the lever). The button on the lever to lower the deck just raises the latch to pass the upper stop plate. The other thing it could be is the latch is worn out and not catching the stop plate. Does the height lever work?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here