Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rjt072355

Murray 14HP OHV

rjt072355
13 years ago

First of all, I know how to start my mower and mow my yard. That is it.I have a Murray 14HP OHV- Model: 287707 Type: 0225 01 Model #:42813X92B Date of Manufacture: 1164. On Thursday I began mowing and after just beginning the third round, I noticed a change in the sound of the engine, and just after that - lots and lots of white smoke began pouring out of the front of the mower. I immediately stopped and turned it off- I was afraid it was going to catch on fire. After the smoke cleared and a quick prayer, I tried to start it again- knowing nothing would happen but so dreading having to push it to the back of my yard and under the covered porch, I tried it anyway- and nothing. So today, my Mom and Dad came to visit and work on another project. I hated to ask my Dad to look at anything else, but since the yard was so high and it was obvious that I had begun to mow it- I had no choice. He called a friend of his who said to check and see if the rocker arm was loose- then check to see if the tie rod was bent. Well, Dad looked and the rocker arm was loose but he did not have a tool that would work so he could check to see if the tie rod is bent. I said all of that to say this - what kind of tool does he need to check this? We borrowed every Allen Wrench my uncle owns and none of them worked. Sorry about the monologue, but thank you so much for your help.

Comments (3)