Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
used john deere purchase, what to look for?

Posted by kenstl (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 21, 10 at 22:33

Does anyone own a John Deere F525? I am looking at a 1998 model with 310 hours on it. I drove it (no experience with this model), it seemed to drive fine. Forward, reverse, brake, steering, all seem to work fine. The mower started right away, no smoke, and it idled and ran full out, sounded ok, oil clean on dip stick. Visually the mower looks very clean for 12 years old. all of the plastic body is in good shape, no cracks etc, mower deck looks new.

Any help would be appreciated if there are anything i should check on this model.

thanks ,

Ken

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: used john deere purchase, what to look for?

I would look the engine and transmission over good for leaks, small wetness not a big deal, but visable drips especially after you run it a while could be an expensive repair down the road. Other than normal wear areas like wheel attachments bushings, belts, idlers, pulleys, and blades. These are normal wear areas and usually the homeowner can replace them. Boils down to how well you like the machine and you budget.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here