Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
John Deere 318 starting in reverse

Posted by Chris1967 none (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 23:20

I have a 1985 John Deere 318 that I recently had to replace the spring on the hydro lever on. Since doing that it seems to want to take off backwards when starting. We have 4- 318's and a 200 so luckily I have a back up, but I really need help figuring out my 85. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: John Deere 318 starting in reverse

You might have to walk yourself backwards through that process of changing that spring. Something flipped? I've not put one on. What was the part number?

o
RE: John Deere 318 starting in reverse

I'm not sure of the part number. It's under the dash and connects to the shift linkage. We just robbed the part from a parts tractor. I know our 92 doesn't have the same type linkage set up. We have an 87 and 88 also but the 92 was tore down so we could see that linkage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here