Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cliedo1

carburator problems

cliedo1
10 years ago

after replacing the engine on my huskee 22 hp garden tractor. and after rewiring and finding out the fuse that was hidden under the battery holder up under where you replace the belt on the automatic transmission which looking down at the pulleys and screwing up wondering why the tractor is moving when the foot is not on the pedal, dismay forgot the belt needs to be under the keeper not over. my next adventure is getting the fuel to be delivered to the combustion chamber. A friendly reminder, do not respond by typing the "check the anti-afterfire solenoid.I am thinking I used fresh fuel, bought less than 2 and a half weeks ago. And the ole huskee is just leaking oil, I replaced the bottom oil seal. But, to my amasement the oil is leaking out of another gasket. That is for another posting .The engine I purchased had the plastic intake manifold but the same carburator a mikki that for the part number I would have to have mirrors. The replacement engine has a plastic intake manifold with the same part number as the replaced engine, which has a cast metal Intake manifold which worked and had a differenet float bowel I know that the gaskets when changing any part also have to be changed. Can I get by for a couple or a months of weeks before i can change them. I think not know that gaskets come in many thickness ie ..I have one day to get this done. and a mower for my wife to keep the yard mowed while I am away from home at work, I usually do the outside stuff. I am confused on 2 fronts,,, I checked the compression on both cylinders while cold,, read the instruction manual for the compression checker, and the reading should be checked on a warm engine. The conflict is which reading is right.. on the replacement engine number 1 cylinder has an eighty pound compression and the number 2 cylinder has 120 pound compression and why can i get no gas flowing into the combustion chamber

I should call myself clammaticliedo naah calamities happen to all humans lol

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Ohio