Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tractor recommendations

Posted by cuts298 il (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 12, 14 at 9:59

We have a yard that is 2 acres. When we bought our home we started with a yardman, then got a used simplicity conquest 20. This time we would like to see what is recommended.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tractor recommendations

A little more information of what all you do with your tractor. Is it just used to mow lawn grass or is it used year round. I have on riding mower and two garden tractors that have never seen a mower. Do you need something to move snow in the winter? Personally I like owning garden tractors, not yard tractors. The hydrostatic in a garden tractor will take more use, even if just mowing the lawn. I don't like big box store mowers, everything is light weight, ment to wear out in a few years.

o
RE: tractor recommendations

• Posted by exmar 6 SE Ohio (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 14, 14 at 15:41

IMHO, in increasing quality (and price) Big Box Stores, Sears, Private Dealers, eg. JD, Snapper, etc. This time of year, you may be able to get a deal on a machine that's still hanging around.

If your two acres is level and all you're going to do is mow and drag around a small garden cart, the BB machines would work for the least money. Be aware though, most if not all aren't particuarly meant to be maintained, especially the trans. How long you expect this to last and how "handy" are you in terms of maintaining the machine are also to be considered.

Good luck,

Ev

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here