Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adambomb_gw

What Kubota to buy: G1900 or GR2100

adambomb
14 years ago

I have less than 2 acres of mostly flat lawn to mow but with many trees, flowerbeds, etc to mow around.

I can buy a used G1900 with 60" deck in nice shape with 1300 hrs for $2500 direct from owner.

or

I can buy a 2005 G2100 with 54" deck in nice shape with 550 hrs for $4100 (+250 in tax) from a dealer.

I really didn't want to spend more than $3500 but if I can get another 10 years of use and have less/lower maintenance then it may be worth the extra $ now... Plus the GR2100 has the glide steer which may help be get around the trees...

Comments (6)

• sergeant
    14 years ago

The G1900 is a Garden tractor and the GR2100 is a Lawn tractor on steroids with Hydraulic lift and 4WD. I would go with the G1900 it has a stroger trans and a 60inch deck will really help cut down your mowing time. And if you have any ohter plan for it beside mowing the G1900 can handle those tasks such as Ground engaging work with a 3point hitch and a Tiller if you so desire. You said it Mostly flat then you don't need the 4WD with glide steer. Don't know about the GR2100 Yet they haven't been around 10 years yet But do now a little about the G1900 design had been around for sometime as far as longgevity. But they both should be good machines.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kubota

• rdaystrom
    14 years ago

The difference in hours represents about 10 years of use. That G1900 could have some issues real soon. A 60 inch deck vs a 54 inch deck will make almost no difference in cutting time. A 60 inch deck is pushing the limit with the limited power that a G1900 has and would probably end up mowing slower because of that fact.

• chris_va
    14 years ago

I own a 2005 GR 2100 and although some on this and other fourms would not agree, I will never own another one. As far as I am concerned it's a peice of garbage. Mine has about 125 hours on it and I have had nothing but trouble...it stays in the shop more then it does at my house. The eariler ones (like mine). Had some known transmission problems. After they "repaired" mine twice (for leaking) before it had 90 hours on it, they put an "upgrade" kid in the tranny which basicly ment that the rear axle had bearings instead of bushings and it replaced some seals I think. Then the glide steer broke. The Kabota service manager admitted that they have had issues with them and relaced both cables and installed and upgrade kit for them (we ended up splitting the cost on that one). NOW it's back in the shop again with the transmission leaking again...around the PTO shaft. Because it is now 1 week out of warennty, I MAY have to pay for that even though it was part of the rebulid kit that was installed in the tranny less then 20 hours and 2 months ago. Anyone see a pattern here???

I wish you luck with your decision, but in my himble opinion, if you get the GR, you're making a mistake.

Chris

• adambomb
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have decided on the G1900. Others reported problems with the early GR2100 and at 2x the price it just doesn't make sense.

• khosla
    12 years ago

Are you still looking to buy a G 1900, I have one with about 70 hrs and a 60 inch deck with automatic transmmision and its diesel I live in Cleveland Ohio area. Thanks

• owen 234
    3 years ago

I recommend the g1900 i have that tracktor it has 2000 hrs on it if it was manerand good you could easily get another 600 hrs out of it or

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor