Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marcbachman

Craftsman LTX1000 electrical

marcbachman
13 years ago

I just got this unit, it doesn't start, I jumped across the solenoid and the starter cranked right up. The electrical system looks like it should be relatively easy to trace, but it would be nice to know which wire coming from the key switch is closing the starter solenoid so I know which terminal on the solenoid to check for voltage. I'm trying to determine whether I have a key switch problem or a solenoid problem or neither or both. I understand that there may be a brake switch and/ or a blade engagement switch which also interrupt the circuit. So far I have not found any schematic, and am not sure how readable one would be if I did find one. It would also be good to know what voltage values I should be able to read at which terminals based on the switch state. Any troubleshooting path/procedure would be adequately acknowledged and verified and greatly appreciated. I'm also wondering about what service might be appropriate for the engine given that this unit was in storage for ~3 years.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Your Source for Tailored Remodeling Solutions in Loudoun County