Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
earthworm_gw

Craftsman Tight Turn Radius yard tractor

earthworm
12 years ago

This may be 2012 new, or this may have been around for a while...Sears salesmen are a problem...

Opinions ?

For around $2 grand, with a bag and blade, not bad, IMO. And I will remember to ask....oil change and filter... Is there any competition ?

Comments (7)

• rcbe
    12 years ago

From the Slammer's archive:

1. Carefully evaluate the size mower you need and buy at least one size larger.

2. NEVER buy a mower from ANYPLACE that will not let you test drive it or at least a similar model. Ergonomics are just as important as performance and capability.
    (Vitally important!)

3. DO NOT base your purchase on price or brand name alone! Do proper research and find all of the available models that fit your criteria and haggle, save, or trade to get the right equipment for the job. Do not compromise!

If you follow these three tips you will end up a happy camper with just the right unit for the job. If you disregard this advice your gonna end up with One or the other of the following problems:

A. Buyers remorse. Stuck with a piece of junk or simply a unit inadequate for the task at hand.

Or..

B. A teed off spouse when you start shopping for another tractor just 3 - 6 months down the road because you didn't buy the right unit in the first place.

Now go forth and shop and try and have fun!

• earthworm
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Excellent advice from the Slammer.
    IIRC, the Lawn Boy was from Kerry's on Trindle...just a push mower, but what a good one...far better than the Honda from the BigBox..
    So, its off to Kerrys.

• earthworm
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I fear that this is a dieing site.
    Apparently many good posters have left; turned off by the many advertisements and need to log in, over and over..
    I was hoping for more responses..

• User
    12 years ago

There are only so many answers to the same questions asked over and over and over again. Some simply tire from typing the same answers over and over and over again.

It's EZ enough to filter the ads... I don't see them.

• javert
    12 years ago

There are quite a few good posters still here, but the site does hit us with many ads, and also appears to gather quite a bit of info on visitors.

That said, probably very few of us have experience or in-depth knowledge about these tractors. I've seen them advertised, but I'm not in the market and haven't looked at 'em. I don't even know if they are made by Husqvarna or by MTD.

You didn't give a model number, and I believe that Sears is advertising more than one tight-turn tractor. If tight turning were important to me - and I didn't want a ZTR - then I would test drive one to see if they actually do make good on the claim.

I'd also do some research on the particular engine that is used, and would definitely find out the manufacturer and model of the transmission.

If your intended use is to mow grass only, it would probably serve you well. Lawn tractors are essentially riding mowers, and are not constructed to do "tractor" type work.

• rustyj14
    12 years ago

The one thing that might have driven away some folks, was the green high-lighted terms in a sentence, that took ya away from the site to an advertisement of lawn mowers and/or related things! Thank Heaven, i don't see them any more! Could it be that the purveyors of the site wised up?
    Heck, ya didn't even have to click on them to be diverted!

• User
    12 years ago

You can control the ads and the hotlinks through your browser. You might need some add-ons but they're easy to find.

Sponsored