Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question on solenoid and drive belt

Posted by cuerno (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 6, 10 at 13:49

I have a Model-422707 Type-1510 01 Code-91022532 18hp B&S and when I got it this past fall it was not running and the wiring at the solenoid was not intact. It starts but turns slow at times, my question is does the solenoid have an IN and OUT for the 12v to travel? Can it be installed backward causing weak starts? 2nd, the drive belt looks ready to bust so to replace it do I have to remove the shifter rod and the large pulley over the transaxle? Number under seat TMO30000a/CO11H3 Signature 2000-Elite, thanks guys, this is a great forum.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question on solenoid and drive belt

"my question is does the solenoid have an IN and OUT for the 12v to travel? Can it be installed backward causing weak starts?"

No, a solenoid is just a relay and doesn't care which direction the current runs. The contacts in the solenoid could be burnt, have bad places in the surface, causing poor connection in spots. I do have a list of possible causes of slow cranking for this series of engine, it is typical. I have no idea about your belt situation.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at verizon dot net

o
RE: question on solenoid and drive belt

Under the LH fender, there are 2- 3/8" headed bolts to unscrew which will allow you to pull the bracket for the shifter away from the frame to slide the belt through. Use the MTD belt only.MTD suggests doing both belts at once, but if the front belt is still happy, I wouldn't sewat it, I mean sweat it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here