Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is there a tractor mower that does not need use of right foot?

Posted by Nigel99 none (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 2, 14 at 15:56

I would like to buy a new (small) tractor mower (in the UK) that does not need the use of my right foot. I can't find one! Please help, thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is there a tractor mower that does not need use of right foot

• Posted by larso1 So. CO Zone 5 (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 2, 14 at 21:31

I don't think Sears products are available in the UK, but below is the link to a garden tractor they sell with no right hand foot pedals.

Have you considered a zero-turn mower? Very fast and efficient, no foot pedals on most designs. I have one, wouldn't go back to a tractor type mower.... like it very much, and it is very maneuverable! (John Deere 425 EZTrak).

Here is a link that might be useful: Sears garden tractor

This post was edited by larso1 on Sat, Aug 2, 14 at 21:37

o

In the U.S., hydrostatic transmissions come in two configurations. With the most common, forward and reverse movement is controlled by the right foot. LESS COMMON configuration has a lever protruding through the right-side fender which is used to select direction and speed. Move the lever forward to go forward; move it more to go faster. It is not necessary to hold the lever in position; move it to the direction/speed you want and it stays there.

o

Nigel, the Ariens model 936065 has the hand-lever operated hydro transmission, and the brake is operated with the left foot. Appears it would meet your needs. Ariens is a Husqvarna product, sold in the U.S. at Lowes or Home Depot stores. You can see it at www.ariens.com. Ariens is Husqvarna's lower-end equipment, but with proper maintenance should be reliable. I have no idea if it's available in UK. The John Deere CR125 Auto (which is available in the UK) appears to have a hand-operated transmission; seems pricey at about 2400 pounds but should be a quality machine. Check John Deere's UK web site.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here