Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Huffy Lawn Tractor

Posted by rdbrown (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 7, 07 at 17:35

My unit , a 68 I think, has the carb mounted on top of the gas tank. Since it's not gravity fed, how does the gas get to the carb? Also, where can I get a manual for a Huffy around this this era? Doesn't have to be exactly 68. Thanks RDB

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Huffy Lawn Tractor

It would be a diaphragm carb. Vacuum/pressure pulses from the engine crankcase make a diaphragm (on the side of the carb) "flex" and act as a fuel pump. There are probably a couple little "flappers" that act as check valve(s).
It's always good to post the actual engine brand & model #'s. One can give a little more detailed info that way.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here