Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
britcar_gw

Craftsman B&S 19.5 and Kohler 15.5 won't start

britcar
10 years ago

Mownie sounds like the one who can help me with a very similar problem to the previous help for B&S 19.5. This is what I posted on another forum , but have not received any replies: Model 271022 has the Kohler 15.5hp CV15S and model 727810 has the B&S twin 42E707 19.5hp. Kohler began shutting down and eventually backfiring when trying to restart. I cleaned the carb, changed the plug and checked the coil. Found the coil was in spec, but no spark. Disconnected the kill wire, had spark and was able to start it one time. Second attempt a while later and it wouldn't even turn over, nothing. Checked wiring for breaks all looked good. Checked safety relays both good. Checked starter switch, good. Jumped between solenoid terminals, engine will crank. Now the kicker. The B&S did exactly the same thing 2 weeks ago. Was able to crank over one time then the same as the Kohler. What am I missing? Something in the safety wiring? Any suggestions most appreciated. Am I living over an old burying ground?

Comments (4)

Sponsored