Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman yt-4000/3000 deck height adjustment

Posted by snorkel12068 none (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 11, 13 at 13:37

Has anyone noticed that the right side deck height linkage is fixed and you can only balance the deck and not adjust the height at all? Guess what you don't have to settle for this and you can simply replace the right fixed by ordering a
second adjustable one, install takes less than two minutes and afterwards you can adjust the height so you can get the full range. This mod is recommended before doing the 10 position deck mod in my other post.

To install you simply lower the deck so it's on the ground or a two by four and then simply remove the cotter pin and take off the fixed and replace with the adjustable one.

Here is the part number:

PART NUMBER: 195181

You can order it at sears parts direct or from:
http://www.outdoordistributors.com/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman yt-4000/3000 deck height adjustment

expect that arrangement is set up by the mfgr to satisfy the side to side deck leveling process. If you are getting addt'l height adj w/o other side effects, great...

o

there are no side effects, they put the fixed link in as a cost saving measure nothing more and the side effect of the fixed link is you don't get the full 4 inch cut as advertised.
I discovered this by seeing a Ariens 46inch at Home Depot and it had both sides with adjustable linkage and the airens tractors are exactly the same with a few minor cosmetic differences. That's the great thing about these AYP/Husqvarna tractors is that they are all 99 percent parts interchangeable,

the yt-4000/3000 should have come from the factory with both sides adjustable.

I researched this for quite some time, comparing the parts schematics from Ariens,Craftsman,Dixon etc and many of the other variants had the second adjustable height linkage. These tractors are designed to give a max 4 inch blade height and when the fixed right side is used you can't get the full height and have it balanced as well. if you look at the reviews on sears.com for these tractors the cut height is the biggest complaint.

after reviewing the schematics it's almost certain they did it as a cost saving measure.

o

obviously no one has to do this mod if they are happy with the fixed height linkage, the purpose of this post was to share this information so if someone was unhappy with it, they could fix it themselves if they are so inclined.

This post was edited by snorkel12068 on Thu, Sep 12, 13 at 13:59

o

Would be a good idea if you posted the cost of the parts.

o

The cost for the second adjustable height linkage is between 20 and 24 dollars depending on where you get it.
Well worth it if you ask me.

o

The cost for the second adjustable height linkage is between 20 and 24 dollars depending on where you get it.
Well worth it if you ask me.

o

snorkel12068 seems like a spammer to me.

First registered on September 04,2013. And is touting web sites to order parts.

Anyone agree?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here