Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snapper Clutch/Brake Cable

Posted by smithwicks51 KY (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 26, 10 at 13:45

Does anyone know how to replace the Snapper Clutch/Brake Cable? My Snapper is a Model YT12D Series 4 Tractor. The connection made onto the end of this cable (broken), should hook between the Clutch/Brake arm and the Pedal Pivot Bracket on one end. It is the other end that I am not sure where it connects. It could go to the Brake Drum, but I am not sure that is where it goes. If anyone has a Service Manual for this model a picture would be very helpful. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snapper Clutch/Brake Cable

I'm unable to post photos now but I'll try to explain it.I don't have direct experience on this model,but it looks like the cable runs to the rear,first passing through a bracket on the (drivers) L/H side of the clutch yoke just below the clutch spring,Then to the brake pivot lever going through a hole at the top of the bracket,there are ferrules to adjust the brake,I suppose the same for the clutch "remove the rear cover plate move a loose ferrule to the rear of the brake pivot lever to increase braking".

o

Thanks for the information. If you can get me a photo it will really help. I still have a couple of days before the new cable get here. But I will try to see if I can follow your directions.

o

Find the chassis data decal or plate and post the full, technical model number and the serial number of the mower.
Snapper once offered down loadable service manuals online, but they required model number AND serial number to be filled in first.
Post the numbers so members might find an online manual, that would trump a photo in most cases.

o

Go to Snapper,com,click
"manuals",enter "YT12D414B". You will be given a list of parts lists and operators manuals,download one of each.

o

Guy's thanks so much. I have been trying to get one of these from Snapper and have even talked to their Tech Support guys and they denied that this manual existed. I new there had to be a manual like this because at one time they sent me the page that shows the two blade belt routing. This will make this repair a snap (excuse the pun).

o

glad to help. Don't know about a service manual.there's probably one somewhere

o

There's a service manual,#07007, 2/92, YT/GT tractors.Try http://dl.owneriq.net/4/4030630a-2321-0f54-014c-e391e15bf650.pdf good luck it worked for me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here