Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rustyj14

Smoke, smoke, smoke!!

rustyj14
12 years ago

Yes, i have smoke--lots of smoke! I installed a good, used, non-smoking, engine, into a Craftsman lawn tractor. Put it in right, nothing out of place. Checked the valves-all ok! Ran it before removing it from donor tractor-no smoke.

But---------Started it, after making sure it had new oil, filter, etc. Ran great. For a while. And then,--and then, she started the buzz-saw! (As that old saying goes!)

OOOHH, boy---it made so much smoke, i was afraid somebody would call the Fire Company. Then, i found the crank-case breather hose was not attached to the carb manifold. So, i hooked that up, and--if i didn't have much smoke before that, i had it NOW!! And, the wife hollered for help, i ran up, and the upstairs was full of grease smoke! She had put something in the skillet, and fell asleep, and was awakened by the stink of burning skillet grease.

So now, i have a well lubricated lawn tractor--all over it, and a stinky kitchen and living room, and a smoky look to the windows and TV! Do i worry? Naw, i'm going bluegrass pickin tonight, and i can drown my sorrows!

Also, my key ring came apart and scattered keys all over everywhere. Is that a bad omen?! RJ

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH