Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gravely Tractors

Posted by knuttle z7bnc (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 21, 13 at 16:06

Our church had a yard sale today. One of the items donated was an old Gravely tractor. The type with two wheels, the square hood, and the substantial attachment point for different attachments on the front. Unfortunately it does not have the front attachment.

I know to properly sell it I would need model numbers, serial numbers, good pictures, etc. However I would like to know if it is worth the time and effort to try to sell it or is a a candidate for the scrap heapl.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gravely Tractors

If it has a square hood it is probably an electric start model. I would see if it will start, or at least turn over even if I had to jump it off. It's hard to believe it is not worth something as there are people who collect old Gravely tractors. They are built like a tank. I have one I bought new about 27 years ago and it still runs as good as it ever did.

Having said that it would be better sold on Craigs list or ebay where it could bring as much as $200 to $500, or more, but with no more than you know about it it's hard to tell.

A picture would help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here