Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lt150

JD265 questions

lt150
12 years ago

I have John Deere 265 that is in need of a replacement mower deck. It has one crack that is about four inches long along the spindle and has three holes in variou areas of the mower deck. There is to much wrong to put any repairs in it.

The tractor itself I bought three years ago and it has had valve seals and rings replaced at 1035hrs. It presently has 1169hrs and tractor serial number is M00265A164484. Since I have bought the 265 it has been my second mower and a hobby project. Everything works (as they say) "as it should" and it looks good.

A new mower deck if still available would be $1189 which is more than I want to put into it. I've been looking on Craigs list and E-bay but am never sure what decks are compatible with mine. I have a 48" deck and I hear a 46" will also fit mine. I see decks that came off JD 180's, JD 320's and other John Deeres that look like they would fit but I can't be sure. I called the John Deere dealership but they were not able to give me a cross reference to other JD tractors. I would assume that all the 240,260,265,285 decks would compatible

Also the 17HP Kawasaki, is there a problem with plastic cams on this engine? I thought it was for the twin cylinder that had the problem but I need wanted to check.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor