Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marchantmike

Help With Ignition Module On Husqvarna

Marchantmike
9 years ago

My mower started just fine until my key broke off in the ignition. I unplugged and pulled the ignition module. Because I'm no mechanic, I started taking it apart hoping I could remove the piece of key from the underside of it. When I found out that wouldn't work, I turned it upside down and removed it with a pair of needle nose pliers, which I should've done in the first place. But anyways I put the module back together and plugged it back in. With my new key, I tried starting it and nothing. Even though it's a new battery, I put the charger on the battery. A little I turned the key and it actually did turn over but didn't start and subsequent tries nothing at all happened again. I removed the ignition again and it was in pieces. Got a new ignition, plugged it in and STILL nothing!

There's small plastic tabs at the base of the prongs that prevent me pushing the plug all the way in but the old ignition had these exact same prongs so I don't see how that could be the issue. The old ignition did have quite a bit of gunky grease on it and I don't know if I should get some and apply it to help bridge the gap or what! Very frustrated and my grass is getting very high! Please help!!!

Comments (4)