Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skibo_gw

Kolar engine wont run right or idle

skibo
10 years ago

Hi,
I bought a used Craftsman Garden Tractor with a 22.5 horse Kolar twinn, It has ran very good up till here latley it won't run good, it's a late 90s model It seems to start ok when cold with the choke pulled about half way out, but when it gets warmed up a bit I can't push the choke in, it wants to die, and as of Yesterday the idle started to fluctuate up and down and starts to back fire through the exhaust and it wants to die all the time,I cant seen to get a happy medium. I did rebuild the steering earlier this summer and I had to remove several items on the dash to get the steering shaft out so I could machine some new bushings. I remember having to loosen the choke lever out of the way, but was carfull not to disterb to much in the way to fix the steering. It ran fine after I reassembled the components, Yesterday it would only run with the choke about half way out and alot of throttle, it had some power but not what it used to have. I have no idea whats going on but it's vey frustrating. I depend on this tractor to help pull a wagon with heavy items and several bag of wood pellets to my house as I'm not able to haul them my self. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
skibo

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner