Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Wiring Diagram for Craftsman Riding Mower

Posted by tonyreese GA (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 29, 08 at 19:41

I had to replace the female terminals on the 3 relays on my 1999 Craftsman 42" riding mower (17.5 HP Kohler engine) because of a short in the wiring. After replacing the terminals the mower no longer has fire to the spark plug. I need a very specific wiring diagram to chase each wire back to its proper place. I would really be grateful for any help.

P.S. The Sears Parts web site only has a general wiring diagram.

P.S.S. I also just replaced the transmission, front spindles, and the entire steering assembly (12-15 hours hard work) so I'm really wanting this monster to run again!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Wiring Diagram for Craftsman Riding Mower

You want a specific wiring diagram, but you don't post the specific Sears number.
917.xxxxxx

o

i have a craftsman riding mower model 917 272056 i need a wiring diagram the wires got in the steering and cut in to

o
RE: Need Wiring Diagram for Craftsman Riding Mower model #9172554

Hello please help my father has a craftsman mower model # 917255450 an he needs a wiring diagram or schematic. He has been working really hard to get it running. I have gotten a few on line but are very hard to see not very good PLEASE HELP THANKS A BUNCH.

o

I have a craftsman riding mower. the motor runs good. cant get blade to run. set key need wiring diagram

o

I need a electrical schematic wiring diagram for craftsman 42" mower, model # 917.259572. Any help appreciated.

o

http://www.managemyhome.com/mmh/lis_pdf/OWNM/L0711470.pdf
is for a 917.259573.

It appears to be the same tractor, but you might compare any switches etc. with searspartsdirect.com to make sure the part numbers match.

o

Thank you so much, it's exactly what I needed. Have been able to find only general parts diagram til now. I am using this motor on a log splitter and needed to eliminate the safety switches and make sure I had start, run, and charge capabilitys. Thanks again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here