Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skibo_gw

Question on Simplicity shuttle drive??????

skibo
11 years ago

Hi I have an old Simplicity 7000 series but I don't know if it's a Baron, Broadmore, or what ever. It has a 10 or 12 horse cast iron Brigs and shaft drive to a bevel gear and from there are belts to one heck of a larg tranny and such.

I have no deck to mow but I didn't buy it mow but to haul a 10' by 5' trailer up a hill full of anything I need to get up there.It performed very well, not fast but it's built like they should be. my question is I'm planning a complete resoration this winter on the trackter and I'm not sure what is the shuttle drive/ I have pictures in a parts manual,( one of many I bought till I got the one that best depicts my trackter ). Ihave any ID # to relate to. It doe's not have the Hydro trans. It has the 4 speed manual and looks to be a shuttle drive parts on the tractor, but how doe's it work and what doe's it do? I have what is a planitary gear set up on the left rear close to the top of the tranny and another planitary on the same side but on the axcel. I have a very larg 1998 craftsman comannd with a hydro ( no deck) it is also a Garden Trackter to use this winter or untill the Simplicity is restored. I know I'm drafty but this is a new forum to me and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Leonce

Comments (3)

Sponsored