Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hayrobert

Scotts (Murry) 18hp/46 deck need Owners Manual

hayrobert
15 years ago

Anyone have a Scotts 18hp 46" deck made by Murry, I was given one and I'm looking for a copy of the owners manual. The dashboard has a display of error codes and I want to find out what the numbers mean???

Any help would be appreciated

Bob

Comments (9)

• popcornhill
    15 years ago

Hey Bob I have a Scotts 2048. It was made by John Deere. My model is a 2002 and it went from the orange color to John Deeres green and name after that year. I did not know that Murry made Scotts. But then I don't know a lot!! I got the operators manual from John Deere internet site. If you need the site I'll look it up.....DT

• popcornhill
    15 years ago

Bob I checked and I think you are referring to the Service Reminder clock. "The service reminder shows the number of hours the engine has run and will indicate that service is necessary for the engine or the mower." Engine hours shown on left side and mower on right side. All my parts and tractor information is from John Deere. Hope this helps.......DT

• User
    15 years ago

I had the larger 20hp Kohler 50" deck version of that Scotts by Murray from Home Depot.

I have a manual for that model and looked at the "diagnostic dash" as they call it. There are warning lights on the left and right for various things but the LCD only shows hours and there is no mention of error codes. I never saw anything on the LCD except hours.

If the LCD is showing scrambled letters or numbers perhaps it got a static hit. Disconnect the ground terminal of the battery and let it sit overnight. Hook the battery cable back up in the morning and see what it shows. It will remember the hours if it is working correctly.

Another possibility, if the connections of the LCD at the circuit board are damaged, shorted, wet, or corroded the display can go nuts. If you remove the diagnostic dash and look carefully it can be disassembled and cleaned.

If you want the manual let me know and we can work something out.

• hayrobert
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You all have been very helpful... The clock ok I'll look that over also have a red light on the dash that lit up
    I went through the tractor pretty well the light made me think I might have missed something or need to reset it. What does anyone have for comments on this.

Bob

• User
    15 years ago

If the "service" light has triggered there is an easy procedure in the manual to reset the service light.

• hayrobert
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Justalurker

How do you reset the service light? Mine is on currently with 20 hrs on the display

• User
    15 years ago

How to reset the service light (from the manual):

Raise the hood and locate the reset button. The reset button is above the fuel tank on the right side of the console.

Turn the ignition key to the ON/RUN position. Don to turn the key to the START position. Do not start the engine.

All indicator lights will come on for TWO seconds.

After TWO seconds the SERVICE light will begin flashing for 10 seconds.

Depress and release the RESET button while the service light is flashing. The service light will go off.

The reset switch can only turn off the light. The hour meter can not be reset.

• hayrobert
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You all have been very very helpful all I need now is a bagger for this tractor. But I realy appreciate all the comments. Learned a lot.

Bob

• lobosco1293
    7 years ago

@justalurker

Hi

I bought a used Scotts 20hp 50" model50567x8.

I have been trying to find the owner's manual somewhere online, but have had no success. Do you still have yours?

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths