Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jksully_gw

Any battery Questions

JKSully
12 years ago

Questions about any kinds of batteries I am avalible to answer. NiMH, LIB, PbA or Lead Acid. Please feel free to E-mail me at zohnny@yahoo.com or yahoo messenger if you wish.

Thanks, the Hybrid guru. JKSully.

Comments (6)

• tomplum
    12 years ago

And you did a great job landing that plane on the Hudson too... Always good to have an extra electrical guru on board.

• mownie
    12 years ago

ROFLMAO! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

• twelvegauge
    12 years ago

I landed in the Hudson once ... 'course, I wasn't in a plane. I did end my flying days with a perfect record - number of landings exactly the same as number of takeoffs. Figured I'd quit while I was ahead. Besides, too many $$$.

What, Sully, no nicad questions? I'm still trying to figure out how to jump start about a dozen electric drill batteries that won't take a charge.

• gator_rider2
    12 years ago

12 they forget there voltage just add voltage above battery voltage like if 12v battery add something like 15 volt for three seconds recheck with volt meter may take several time to bring voltage up to 12 as soon you get 12 volts on meter plug into charge. If can't get voltage come up one many batterys in pack bad. Any combination dry cell or direct current batteries can be use like use car battery and couple D cell batteries in series. Getting drill batteries off 0 then climb up voltage to drill battery voltage the charger will bring up amperage. Recheck after charger cut off voltage may need moved up again and recharge.

• JKSully
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You can't solve you're problems with the same level of thinking that created the problems.

• JKSully
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Known as lazy battery effect or battery memory, is an effect observed in nickel cadmium (NiCd) rechargeable batteries that causes them to hold less charge. It describes one very specific situation in which certain NiCd batteries gradually lose their maximum energy capacity if they are repeatedly recharged after being only partially discharged. The battery appears to "remember" the smaller capacity. This memory effect is caused by buildup of crystalline formations on the cell plates which increase resistence and lower the voltage of the affected cells.

1. Test the NICAD batteries using the battery tester to determine whether the NICAD batteries are fully discharged.

2. Locate the negative and positive nodes on the NICAD rechargeable battery. The negative node is on the flat end and the positive node is on the raised, bumpy end of the battery.

3. Put on all recommended safety gear.

4. Attach and hold the black clamp from the 12-volt battery charger to the negative end of the NICAD battery.

5. Rap the positive end of the battery with the red clamp from the 12-volt battery charger. This may cause the battery to emit sparks. It is part of the process of resetting the NICAD battery's memory.

6.Hold both the black and the red clamps on the appropriate negative and positive ends, respectively, of the NICAD battery for 1 to 3 seconds maximum. Release both clamps.

7.Retest the NICAD battery with the battery tester to determine whether the NICAD battery's memory has been fully reset.

8. Repeat the NICAD battery resetting process if necessary
    ...... DVOM or regular meter will work just fine
    Thanks, Hybrid Guru. JKS