Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
farmboy1_gw

Spark Plug Gap, Briggs 407777, Type 0121-E1 C

farmboy1
11 years ago

I'm wondering what is the correct spark plug gap for Champion RC12YC when used in the above engine? It currently has RC12YCs in it, but their age is uncertain and I'd like to gap the replacements correctly.

The Craftsman Owner's Manual doesn't list a gap in it.

Thanks,

vince

Comments (4)

• mownie
    11 years ago

The correct gap is .030" that is 30 thousandths of an inch.
    The correct torque is 180 INCH pounds.

• bill_kapaun
    11 years ago

Sure it doesn't say .030" on page 5 right next to RC12YC in that little box of spec's on the left?

• farmboy1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Uh oh..my bad. There is a little box on page 5 that I completely skipped over, and not only does it list the gap as .030, but it also lists a different plug, RJ19LM. That's what I get for being in a hurry with so much to do....

Thanks!

vince

• rcmoser
    11 years ago

Adding no value here, but maybe some information???

"Sure it doesn't say in the owners manual".. That's not to big a deal, it's the pre-ventive maintenance procedures and schedules that most of the time that gets overlooked.

Mowie I like how you listed the torque in in. lbs. rather than foot pounds. More acurate IMO. If am measuring something I would rater be inch off than FOOT! (torque wrench are usually only acturate within + or- 1 and that usually not calibrated or acturate in the lower 20% range of the wrench)

For those that don't have inch pounds torque wrenches just divid by 12 and you will get foot pound torque. IF you don't have torque wrench at all you may go by degree 1/8" to 3/8" turn past hand tight.

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA