Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
schatham_gw

Considering Gator Blades - differences?

schatham
9 years ago

While doing some work on my mower (38" deck, 2 blades, mulching, open or bagged), I am considering replacing the blades with a pair of Gator blades. I would probably choose to mulch in the summer, and bag in the early fall. On the Oregon website, looking up the part number (127842), it shows a couple different options for Gator blades.

The G3 blade is P/N 95-601 (5 point star center, 19.5")
The G5 blade is P/N 595-601

However, while searching for blades online, I see a number of places show the 95-601 plus another one - 95-901. I think the 95-901 has been obsoleted several years ago. Does anyone know the difference between the newer, 95-601 G3 Gator blade & the obsolete 95-901 G3 Gator blade? I suspect it's the lift, but can't find the specs on the obsolete one.

Seems odd to me that they'd replace one blade with an identical one, the only change being the number on it. Since most of the websites I've seen don't distinguish between them (the 95-601 is the replacement), I don't want to buy old stock (obsoleted) blades for new stock prices.

Also, I would welcome any thoughts (good or bad) about Gator blades in general, any noticeable differences between the G3 & G5 blades. I am in the Piedmont area of North Carolina.

Comments (2)

Sponsored