Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

Any snowthrower's gearing up out there

andrelaplume2
11 years ago

I am looking at a 2001 Ariens 8 24 (Ithink St 8 24) snowthrower at my local dealer�on consignment. A family member knows the guy in service and had him keep an eye open for me. He found this one. He says it was bought and serviced at their place by a (now) old guy going into a home. He just serviced it and says it looks good. It starts right up and the paint and auger look clean. Its not a compact model. He said it likely throws snow better than the new 824 compacts. It has a tecumseh snow king engine. It has a light. My no haggle price would be $300�.they were asking more. The guy say a new comparable mode is $1200�though a compact 824 can be had for $800. There is nothing in it for him if I don't take�in fact if I don't want it he said he keep his eyes open for something else. Other than the age, it�s a bit big for me (it's footprint) but I think it could fit in my garage for the winter. I'd keep it in the shed for the summer.

They also have a 2010 520E that supposesdly was never used�.older lady thinks its too big and just bought a paddle jobber. Each unit in on consignment. My Dad has the 520E and never had an issue in the snow�.although we have not had a horrid winter in the 3 years he has had his. They are asking $575 for the 520E�I though that pricey. I offered $400�time will tell if they accept the offer.

So, assuming they do not, how does the 2001 model for $300 sound. Should I have any concerns. The service guy does not think so. My family member trusts him, Thoughts�.

Comments (2)