Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hoosierdoc_gw

K46 transmission in Husqvarna tractor lost power

hoosierdoc
9 years ago

Okay, I know this is a common problem but I'm going to post anyway. This transmission is seven years old with 500 hours on it. Recently I installed a Zipline and made a bad decision to use the tractor to pull the cable tight. The next time I mowed it did fine for half an hour and then I began to lose power. Eventually the tractor would not move and I noticed fluid leaking out along the left rear axle.

I had replaced both axles years ago after a season of snow plowing led to them snapping. I did not replace the axle seals at that time. I figured the Seal went bad, fluid leaked out, and I lost power. I recently replaced the seals, inspected the gears which looked fine, refilled it with 10w30 and the transmission worked great, for 45 mins until it lost power again. Tractor will not move. No fluid seems to have leaked. The manual stated I should use just under 2 L of oil, but it took about 2200 mL.

At this point I am frustrated as I need the tractor for leaf pick up. Should I buy the pump repair kit, or does it sound like something else might be going on?

When I had the case open I tried to loosen the bolts on the pump and could not budge them.

All advice appreciated.

Sponsored