Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flat tire

Posted by rustyj14 W/PA (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 12 at 14:36

Well, after many years of trying to change those leetle tars on riding lawn mowers, i have decided to allow a large tire seller to install a new tar,as the old one is bad, and flat! It ain't worth my effort to change them! NO SIR! Times have changed!
I took the front tar from my riding mower, wheel and all, and for $21 and change, they mounted a brand new tar, and tomorrow i'll be out there showing it to the leaves in my yards!
Over the years, folks would bring flat tars for me to fix. NO! Take them to the big tar store!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flat tire

My 35 yr old sit down mower came to me on its original tires, 2 were flat. I got lucky and plugged the holes with a couple cans of fix a flat.

o

Well, after many tries with using that fixaflat stuff, and nothing being permanent, and the riding mower running on tires that were new in 1983, i decided it was time for a new tire!

o

I use Champion brand some times found at Walmart. It is liquid. To be successful you need to remove the wheel, lay it on each side alternately and bounce the wheel around, roll, to distribute the sealant, it doesn't just magically fly to where required.

Walt Conner

o

Gee, Walt, you could have fooled me! Why, i thought there were little gremlins inside the can, who slid out and into the tire, and they had leetle brooms to push the sealant around, coating the inside of the tire, and sealing the leaks! Guess i was mis-informed. Thanks for the information. Cheers: Rusty J.

o

Hey Rusty send over some of them little Green Gremlins in a can they would be great at getting into my Garage corners for cleaning when I,am done with the renovations.

o

Any time Rusty,

Walt Conner

o

Gee, I thought any LT tyre was required to have green slim in it. I like the can where you just screw it on and it blows the tire up. I even by the tubes with green slim in them so I don't have to worry about flats or even putting air in the tyre!. My 1990 LT still has orginal tyres Full of fix a flat, then green slim when I removed the and reversed them for that new tire look! works for me on all the Tires, tyres, tars.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here