Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Age of WH Tractor

Posted by ojohn70 No VA (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 14, 12 at 17:20

All
I am about to sell my Wheel Horse 312-8 Garden Tractor with a 36" side discharge mower but I am having trouble determining the age of it. I bought it in 1998, used, from Pristows in Johnstown,PA. There computer records don't go back to 1998. So they can't help.
Serial #s are faint to non existent. The best I can make out are the last six digits: 201--------721074.
If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
ojohn70

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Age of WH Tractor

IF the engine is original, go to this link and download the service manual. It will tell you how to date the engine.
Engine is likely a "few" months older than the tractor.

http://www.kohlerengines.com/onlinecatalog/productMatrix.htm

o

Way i do it is this:
Set it out front with a "For Sale" sign on it. You should have a price figgered out for it, with a high and bottom line on it. Not necessarily on the sign. If and when somebody stops to look at it, if they think the price is good-they'll buy it. If not-well another one will be along in a day or so.
I have good success with that method. I've sold 4 machines this summer--all i had. And, next years stock is coming in. Got 2 since last Sunday! No, not a dealer, just a person who fixes mowers and lawn tractors, for spending money. Rusty J.

o

Its value is same as you purchase it for in 1998 that wheelhorse 312-8 not junk I hope you got plan for something better but there nothing could be.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here