Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rustyj14

Craftsman chipper:

rustyj14
13 years ago

A fellow called, said he had a fairly new chipper, with a hole in the engine--do i want it?

Well, i said yes, so went and got it. Since i had run out of work, and i have a very good engine sitting un-used, i went to work on it. I started at 2 pm, and by 4:30, i was looking for the dynamite!

That machine has to be the worst designed chipper i have ever seen! To take off any part, you must remove something else first, but to get the first part off, you must remove something else, until ya have a pile of parts on the floor, but still haven't found the bolts that hold the engine on!

I can understand the reasoning about safety, but that thing is ridiculous. One rear wheel bracket has one bolt showing, but another one is underneath, and that one is covered by a cast iron reinforcement, that falls on yer foot if ya remove one bolt, which ya can't get to unless ya remove another bolt. I finally gave it up and shut the shop door, and went up fer supper.

I firmly believe i will have a shiny almost new Tec carburetor and ignition coil to put on the shelf. And 4 nice wheels, and a leaf bag, while the rest takes a ride to the scrap yard! I firmly think it was designed by idiots, who have 3 hands, seven thumbs, and nothing upstairs! It almost like they installed 2 pieces, but found out one piece didn't belong there, but since it was already installed, then they designed something to take its place, but had to modify it, and-------oh, never mind! It is modern engineering at its finest!

Comments (2)

Sponsored