Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ducati996_gw

Were is everybody? dont see the regulars anymore?

ducati996
16 years ago

Just wondering where everybody went?

Duc

Comments (89)

• mownie
    16 years ago

Uhhh, dummy......I meant to refer that last post toward lakeguy's last comment but I missed. No harm meant.

• ducati996
    Original Author
    16 years ago

No problem - what they are offering today in that HP, actually is pushing what my skill level could handle effectly, my skills are decent too (personsal opinion of course :)))

• lakeguy43
    16 years ago

No worries.
    What worries me is the way a lot of riders these days are convinced to jump right into performance machines. My neighbor bought an R1, rode it twice and now it sits 'cause it scared the @#ll out of him! I notice that fatalities have gone up as well. Bad 'cause of the personal tragedy but also because it is more fuel for the people who would like to take motorcycles off the road. These days my riding involves cruising, smelling the air, seeing the sights, etc.

• joedirt2005
    16 years ago

Im diggin xxx.machineunderground.com the most these days, tried the rest....

• agrippa
    16 years ago

I'm still here, been busy moving into the new house--wife is making me nuts. Inlaws are down for Thanksgiving--grrrrrrr.

Need some seat time, also want to get the chainsaw out.

On the lighter side--I finally got my bigscreen! 52" Sony Bravia. I've held my tongue about the granite (to cut celery on), the professional range (to boil water on) and the big a** butcher block (to cut onions on when you don't want to use the granite), and the big &^%$# ventahood to suck hot air off the professional range. Went down, bought the TV AND the big Onkyo, and ordered 4 more Klipsch speakers to round out the deal.

All of it cost less than the aforementioned kitchen stuff.

She blinked, but it's mine.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!!

• baymee
    16 years ago

I'm still here, but usually look at the lawn mower and tool forum. This time of year is when I hang out on the heating and a/c forum and newly on the coal forum, thanks to tmajor.

• tmajor
    16 years ago

The coal forum seems to be having some problems this morning.

• johndeere
    16 years ago

Where in the heck is Wheely Boy?

• horseman1
    16 years ago

Hi johndeere,

I'm not sure but wherever he is, I hope his monkey is happy too.

Regards,

Kurt

• deerslayer
    16 years ago

Yep, I also miss Wheely Boy. Below is one of his classic pictures.

Don't get upset JD guys. This is a tribute to Wheely Boy.

-Deerslayer

{{gwi:357097}}

• wheely_boy
    16 years ago

I don't know what I like better. The monkey, the broken wheel or the cheap box store deere.

• johndeere
    16 years ago

It will not let me post over there.

• wolfe1
    16 years ago

I poke around every once in a while - I lost my job and didn't land as fast I thought I would - finally got something but I have some serious ground to make up in the savings dept-

• jimc_vt
    16 years ago

WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY to many irons in the fire,hunting,work,part time business,chocolate lab walks,reloading ,shooting,selling antique ammo,SNOWPLOWING today.....busy busy busy ....I sold my 1966 Simplicity to a fellow in N.H.,sold every nut and bolt to him,Sold one of my snowblowers to a feloow worker,and I have been to busy to deliver it to him:o( ....got a sears push mower(for free) with a rear bagger,and have not used the L.B's since (I'm gonna sell the LB's 5 or 7 of them ,5 run 2 for parts )....Got 2 Merceds Benz's a 1989 420 SEL (now for Sale) and I picked up a 1991 M.B.420 SEL ,different color,and a few more options .....I got more part time work lined up than I can handle (good winter projects) and I make more ca$h fixing other things than Lawn mowers and tractors....I'm getting older,knees don't bend well any more and cement sucks ....cold sucks to !!!!
    But a keep a tab on you guys ......lurking in the shadows,seeing what goofy things happen out there ....
    I'll let you in on a little secret ,snowblowing sucks (I tested one today and ate more snow than I wanted to),a truck with a plow is warmer,and quicker ,and with remote start ,it's the cats meow,and you can make a few buck$ on the side ....
    Anyhow Merry Christmas to you fellows,always remember to check your oil before starting your small engines ,and I ALWAYS use 5-30 in a snowblower ,starts every time !!!
    JimC_Vt

• DYT4000
    16 years ago

Hello all!

I've been on several forums since having left this one. It was a good run while it lasted.

• jim_wv
    16 years ago

Ummmm, I've found a new home across the way *S*..

• cobalt246
    16 years ago

I'll bet no one remembers me. This forum helped me decide on the GX335, great choice.

• jdfanatic
    16 years ago

cobalt246 said: "I'll bet no one remembers me. This forum helped me decide on the GX335, great choice."

I do!

I myself don't pop in here as much as I used to. Too bad, I made a lot of friends here.

Cheers

JDFANATIC

• ljg36
    16 years ago

I would just have to say Tis the Season... Give it 90 Days or so, when the weather inclines and people begin to think warmer days are just around the corner.

All though this might be a bit early...Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...

• ducati996
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Tis the season for everybody to get a new tractor under the tree, or whatever method that provides delivery -

Then everybody can run to their favorite forum and post away !

• jim_wv
    16 years ago

Like JDF, I remember you also cobalt, glad to see you are still around *S*.

• wheely_boy
    16 years ago

{{gwi:351329}}

Bad monkey!

• johndeere
    16 years ago

Wheelyboy I remember several years back you made up a neat little Christmas jingle about me.I think the title was Johndeere got run over by a John Deere or something like that.Do you remember that witty little tune you created?

• lawn_slave
    16 years ago

The lawn_slave is still kickin' and so is my John Deere L130 with years of trouble free service!

• lawn_slave
    16 years ago

Where's fbeard?

• ducati996
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Happy New Year everybody!

• jim_wv
    16 years ago

Happy New Year to you too Duc *S*

• houdini
    16 years ago

Hey johndeere, you and wheelyboy and a few others are about the only names I remember because I have been gone for so long. Still around though and doing fine. Less mowing and more golf.

• dave01
    16 years ago

I'm not a frequent poster, but I look in here fairly often and enjoy it.

Yes, lb59 is on TBN, he posts on the Cub forum there, never makes sense, but harmless.

Desmo is great, I love a technology that is a bit different than the mainstream. I've never owned a Ducati but would like to. Along the lines of what Ducati said, I found that my skills (not an advanced rider, a safe intermediate I guess) were not up to the HP on the sportbikes I was riding, plus with 3 kids I didn't have time, so I sold my last bike years ago.

Best of luck in the New Year, everyone!

• johndeere
    16 years ago

Hi Houdini is been a long time.You still have that Scotts?

• houdini
    16 years ago

I gave it to my son who lives in St. Louis. It is still going strong though and he loves it. It replaced an old Craftsman he had for about 10 years. I thought the Craftsman was worn out when he got it but it fooled me.

I hope all is going well with you these days. My new love is my new Honda snowblower!

• joedirt2005
    16 years ago

Good to see some folks again

• redbird_2006
    16 years ago

Anybody seen Argee? He's a guy that professes to support the U.S. and U.S. Veterans yet believes it is ok for any country to give shelter to deserters from our Armed Forces. Anyway, he used to be interested in lawn/yard/garden tractors and used to post regularly but haven't seen him lately. He built a new home not long ago and he is heavy into Mac computers. Maybe he's gone ahead with his plans to move North. He sure seems to like it better up there than down in the good ole USA.

• walt2002
    16 years ago

"Anybody seen Argee?"

He is a "Moderator" at MTF.

Walt Conner

• bunnyman
    16 years ago

Just working almost everyday. More seat time on my X485 pushing snow then I want. The 345 is down and I don't have the time to tinker so no snowthrower this year. The back blade was pretty good until we got hit with over a foot of snow one day and several inches spread over a few days. Rapidly running out of enough tractor to push with. Really surprised the blade did as well as it did. Nice to have it hanging 4' or so out behind the tractor to help with weight on the tires.

Getting around in 4 wheel drive for the last week. One night I was even a bit nervous that I wouldn't make it home. Pushing snow with my front bumper as I went past a big power company bucket truck in the ditch. Not so bad last night but still used 4 wheel just to get to the bar for a beer. Lots of happy snowmobilers there... ya... snow, snowmobile, and they sit in the bar drinking. Little wonder my cats keep telling me humans are stupid.

: )

• joedirt2005
    16 years ago

Posted by walt2002 (My Page) on Thu, Feb 14, 08 at 22:02

"Anybody seen Argee?"
    He is a "Moderator" at MTF.

Walt Conner

=======================================================

Dosent sound like the same Guy you speak of at MT

• joedirt2005
    16 years ago

Posted by lawnmowercentral (My Page) on Sun, Nov 18, 07 at 20:54

any of you who heard of ArchDean should check out his site tractorsandlife.com

=======================================================

That site is dead as dead can be - no postors or visitors but I see him on other boards? strange

• joedirt2005
    16 years ago

Shout out to the regulars :)

• daft_punk
    16 years ago

Should we go lookin' for lb59, then ???

• machiem
    16 years ago

I was reading a post from lb59 on another forum and he actually posted some pictures of his Kubota BX fleet. I couldn't believe it.

I think I owe him an apology.

• User
    16 years ago

I take my hat off to the regulars here. This is one of the best sites for user input, and the Garden Tractor topic is one we all enjoy discussing.

I've been doing this since EXEC-PC in the mid 1980s. Things have changed over the years, and people have changed. With access to the internet available to more people, it has become less personal for all of us.

I myself spend less time on a computer every year, and more time out side. I'm not sure why?

• joedirt2005
    15 years ago

machiem

dont beat yourself up over him - its good that he actually posted pictures and added some credibility - but how many years did it take for him to do that? could have saved everybody much time and grief

anyway hope to see you over at www.machineunderground.com

• joedirt2005
    15 years ago

Bump! where did they go? I dont know anybody :)

• fisher40037
    15 years ago

No worries, I am back......

I am sure NBC does not care.......

Fish

• juggler
    15 years ago

I used to post here quite awhile ago. What is "TBN"?

• mownie
    15 years ago

Tractor By Net

• steve2ski
    15 years ago

Been skiing, Just happened to cruise through, I'll spend more time here when the dirts on top and the snow is water. Hope you are having a good winter.

• john_nc1
    15 years ago

Still here is well. I think a lot has to do with the same topics being discussed over and over gets a little old. Still drop in once in a while. Good to see some familiar names in this thread.

• jimtnc
    15 years ago

Can't believe this thread still has legs. Guess everyone's sick of talking and hearing about the "stimulus package", etc. I am!!

• bercoman
    15 years ago

I am here, to much work, not enought time to play...Working between meals, bad habit...

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor
More Discussions