Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kubota T1760 dies when engage blades

Posted by mcgardiner (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 11, 11 at 13:17

Engine dies when blades are engaged on Kubota T1760 lawn tractor. Is running fine but shuts down when try to engage blades. Changed PTO and drive belts but this did not solve the problem. Any suggestions on how to trouble-shoot?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kubota T1760 dies when engage blades

prolly one of your safety switches acting up or failed -- to troubleshoot, elect digram and VOM/test light would help.

o

Do all the blade pulleys and idlers on the mowing deck turn freely by hand?

o

A shot in the dark...make sure the battery is up to par.

o

Are you giving it enough throttle, is the engine warm enough?

The battery has absolutely nothing to do with it as its sole purpose is to start the engine

o

• Posted by exmar 6 SE Ohio (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 25, 11 at 9:41

Unplug the PTO and try, that will immediately tell you if it's electrical as in a safety switch or mechanical as in binding pulleys, etc. If it dies with the pto unplugged you'll know it's electrical.

I have heard about shorted coils in the PTO which "could" drag down the voltage but that's a stretch I think.

Good luck,

Ev

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here