Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman lawn tractor.

Posted by rustyj14 W/PA (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 10, 13 at 14:18

A friend called-said his tractor would run, wouldn't move! So, i went and gave it a look-see. It had chains on it, mainly for mowing his hilly lawn. Found the right hand tire chain had caught on the rear lip of the mower deck, and the tractor wouldn't/couldn't be moved.
I also found the tranny to be locked up. Keys were ok. But top tranny pulley won't turn, even by hand. Took right hand chain off-still won't move. Made an offer for it-he called today and said ok! Just need help getting it home, altho his driveway is flat and so is mine. I'll have a chance to try my newer pickemup for tractor hauling-just have to get some help. Cold here today, but sunny!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman lawn tractor.

Check the parking brake caliper/pucks. It may be stuck to the rotor.
Trans top pulley still oughta turn if the trans is in neutral, unless the trans has gotten water in it and a block of ice has everything seized.

o

What kind of newer pick up did you get Rusty?

o

Ohh, Boy! I got a Chevy Colorado, 4 WD, short bed, clean as a pin, as they say, with an instruction book an inch thick! And. I'll be long gone by the time i get 1/2 way thru it.
The design engineers went hog-wild when they put that one out for sale! Who needs all of that gobbledy-gook in a work truck?
Any way--it is white in color, bland as a snow covered field. The fancy wheels and covers look nice. The 4 cylinder eengine sips fuel, it runs and drives-what more can ya wish for?!

o

And its easy to get in and out of a parking space. Most fun vehicle I ever owned was an 84 Ford Ranger - except on ice!

o

I had several Ranger pickups, over the years. Most were well used, but ran well. Even had one that would start all by itself! All i had to do was look at it, and Katie-bar the door! It would be running. Never did figger out how that worked. I gave it away. A door slam worked some times, too! Guy i gave it to--said it ran itself down into the cow pasture, and thence into the crick. I then bought a wrecked one, fixed it and drove it for 4 years or so.
Finally bought the Colorado. Nice truck! Those Rangers hauled a lot of lawn tractors and mowers!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here