Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears Suburban ST12

Posted by texas_lawn_ranger 9bTX (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 16, 07 at 18:03

Hey gang, a 1972 Sears Suburban ST12 came up for sale recently. Anybody know what engine would be on it (Tecumseh or Kohler)? What attachments are available for it? I appreciate any information anyone may have on this type of tractors.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears Suburban ST12

Post some numbers! They will tell us what year, model, type, and other info. Most of those older tractors had Tecumseh, but in the past years, it may have been changed.
The engine numbers are usually stamped into the top engine/ flywheel cover. Will be Type, Code, Model, or other things. The serial number sticker or plate which tells us about the main tractor frame assembly, may not have survived the years, but look around, in, under everything for it. you might get lucky!
there are a number of folks here who can give lots of info on those tractors, so keep looking.
Rustyj

o

This site may help answer your question

Here is a link that might be useful: vintage sears suburban

o

Thanks to Sergeant for the link! I looked up the tractor (well at least the yard tractor)that I grew up on and learned to mow with. It was a 68 SS12 according to the site. Nice trip down memory lane. That particular machine had a cast iron Tecumseh, high/ low range transaxel, deck, single stage snow thrower that worked well, trailer etc. The front axle had a good deal of pivoting range and felt secure on slopes.My step dad would probably still be cutting with it today if he were alive.

o

Your welcome

o

I owned a 1973 Sears ST10 from 1973 till I sold it in 2002. Engine was a Tecumseh (10 hp cast iron) ran as good as the day I sold as the day I bought it new. Great little tractor.

o
my tractor

can anone tell me about my tractor sears suburban ser#11102

o

I have an old Sears Suburban with a 12 hp Tecumseh engine that has a dead magneto. Is there any way to put battery ignition on this machine? It's an early electronic ignition system. If it had points I could put a coil and condenser on it, but it has no points.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Best regards, J Mason

o

J Mason i have a 1972 model sears and u can not install a battery ignition on the engine your best bet is to go on sears parts direct and enter your engines model number and order a new magneto

o

• Posted by exmar 6 SE Ohio (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 11:38

If you go to my tractor forum and then go to Craftsman it's full of guys with vintage suburbans, etc. Lots of good info there. GW won't let me post a link.

o

Anybody notice this is a 3 year old thread?

o

• Posted by larso1 So. CO Zone 5 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 18:41

exmar, I have been posting links using the optional link URL provided below, no problem. Things may have changed... I have it entered below...

Here is a link that might be useful: My Lawnmower Forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here