Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Magnolia tree is dying, can I save it.

Posted by gailuvscats pa. (My Page) on
Thu, May 15, 14 at 21:33

Galaxy (I think) Magnolia bloomed and leafed out but the leaves look shriveled. Tree is around 20 years old. the trunk appears to be rotting. I am trying to post pictures, but having trouble.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Magnolia tree is dying, can I save it.

another pick

o

thanks Ken, It bloomed in april but then we had a frost and it destroyed the flowers, and then it leafs out and the leaves look shriveled, and there is something wrong with the trunk, it is coming off, and it is rotted, or soft flakey underneath. I didn't see any bugs, but it appears to be happening around the whole trunk, such that it will be girdled. the tree has been fine until now. so sad. I was hoping there would be a spray or something to help it.

o

since the last pictures, something is drilling holes into this tree, it is dinner for many, I am afraid. RIP magnolia.

o

rotting wood under bark, saw various bugs, but not an accumulation of anything. Not sure what is eating it, but something is. didn't see any wire worms.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here