Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
renk777_gw

Sick Dogwood?

renk777
9 years ago

Hi! On my phone so ignore auto corrections... bought a Cornus Florida on Sunday (Cherokee Brave) from a local Lowes. It was in the hot sun and looking a bit parched but at $30 for a 5' tree, I bought it :) I planted it under partial tree cover so it gets a bit of dappled sun in the morning, shade during the hot hrs, and sun again in the late afternoon. Not ideal but it's a small property. The kousa I bought looks great in its location (ideal spot) but it looked great even on the pavement at the store. I've watered the CB every morning and while the top half looks great, the lower half appears wilted. Red flag. I went out and examined the leaves and noticed a bunch were yellow with brown with spots. I had to yank them off. On closer inspection, I noticed many of the green leaves also are showing spots. I'm fearing the worst now. I should have inspected it closer on the lot but with 3 toddlers and a cranky husband..... when he agreed to buy them, I didn't waste any time. Any idea what this is? Is it just stressed or am I dealing with something more serious?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz