Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenthumbstlouis

Where can I buy a Dwarf Korean Lilac Tree?

greenthumbstlouis
13 years ago

Does anyone know of a mail order nursery that sells Dwarf Korean Lilac Trees (Syringa meyeri Palibin)?? I have been looking for one these loving little trees for a couple of years now. I can't find one locally (St Louis Missouri) and the only mail order company that I know of is Nature Hills Nursery and I have no interest in doing business with this company again. Please help!

Comments (4)

• poaky1
    13 years ago

I think they are shrubs if I'm not mistaken. I got one from Lowes 2 yrs back for Mothers day, my mom likes lilac scent and flowers, it hasn't bloomed yet for her though.It hasn't grown much either, she doesn't fertilize it though.Anyway, if you wait maybe your local big box store will have it in spring, or check the shrub forum.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    13 years ago

it will be tiny.. but check out the link ..

call and ask if they have larger stock for shipping ....

i note they spell it differently than you ... otherwise .. google the latin.. there are a few other options out there ....

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

• brian_zn_5_ks
    13 years ago

If you came to my nursery and asked for this plant, I would show you a Korean lilac standard, that is, the lilac grafted onto a tall stem. Known in the trade as "lilac ona stick"...

Makes a nice formal to semi-formal landscape plant, it's pleasant to have the foliage right there at nose level.

These are very common and I'm sure any decent retail nursery in St. Louis would have them. Expect to pay - oh, anywhere from $75 to $200, depending on the size of the crown. Mail order might be available, but you would start with a very very small tuft of crown.

If this is not what you have in mind - then we are back to square one!

brian

• botann
    13 years ago

If it's the variety called 'Miss Kim' it's available here in the Seattle area. My neighbor and I both have one. If you lived nearby I'd say "come and get it".
    I'm not much of a Lilac fancier in this climate with acid soil.
    Mike