Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where can I buy a Dwarf Korean Lilac Tree?

Posted by greenthumbstlouis 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 13, 11 at 16:31

Does anyone know of a mail order nursery that sells Dwarf Korean Lilac Trees (Syringa meyeri Palibin)?? I have been looking for one these loving little trees for a couple of years now. I can't find one locally (St Louis Missouri) and the only mail order company that I know of is Nature Hills Nursery and I have no interest in doing business with this company again. Please help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where can I buy a Dwarf Korean Lilac Tree?

I think they are shrubs if I'm not mistaken. I got one from Lowes 2 yrs back for Mothers day, my mom likes lilac scent and flowers, it hasn't bloomed yet for her though.It hasn't grown much either, she doesn't fertilize it though.Anyway, if you wait maybe your local big box store will have it in spring, or check the shrub forum.

o

it will be tiny.. but check out the link ..

call and ask if they have larger stock for shipping ....

i note they spell it differently than you ... otherwise .. google the latin.. there are a few other options out there ....

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

If you came to my nursery and asked for this plant, I would show you a Korean lilac standard, that is, the lilac grafted onto a tall stem. Known in the trade as "lilac ona stick"...

Makes a nice formal to semi-formal landscape plant, it's pleasant to have the foliage right there at nose level.

These are very common and I'm sure any decent retail nursery in St. Louis would have them. Expect to pay - oh, anywhere from $75 to $200, depending on the size of the crown. Mail order might be available, but you would start with a very very small tuft of crown.

If this is not what you have in mind - then we are back to square one!

brian

o

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 15, 11 at 5:34

If it's the variety called 'Miss Kim' it's available here in the Seattle area. My neighbor and I both have one. If you lived nearby I'd say "come and get it".
I'm not much of a Lilac fancier in this climate with acid soil.
Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here