Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Don't blush, j0n...

Posted by ghostlyvision 8b/9a (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 7, 14 at 16:55

But I had to share a pic of the baby trees you sent me, potted up until the worst of winter passes. Can't thank you enough, and you were so right, the black gum roots are spectacular, just as radially pretty and healthy as you could please. The white oak looks mighty fine too, it'll have a great-looking root flare once it grows up. I also potted some of the Commemoration maple seeds, if I have luck with them sprouting and looking good, I'll send them out to anyone who'd like one.

Thanks again j0n! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Don't blush, j0n...

Sweet! That blackgum about had me in love when I removed its potting soil exposing the roots.

That white oak has had it rough, though. I hope it turns out to be a good one for whoever ends up with it. It does have a gnarly root flare like you said!!! It would sure make an interesting specimen.

I'll keep you posted when the new seedlings begin growing to let you know what is available. I planted quite a few other species of plants and shrubs, just gotta see what comes up!

Here is a pic of the blackgum roots lol I just couldn't help myself

Hope it turns out a winner for you and your hubby =)

o

Totally awesome root system, I hated covering them up. lol Thanks for the pic of them, you should be mighty proud. :)

o

• Posted by whaas 5a SE WI (My Page) on
    Tue, Jan 7, 14 at 20:30

Now thats how a tree grows in the wild and lives for a century!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here