Lepidodendron, do you like these trees?

jujujojo_gw
10 years ago

I find them elegant and interesting.

{{gwi:332196}}

Comments (33)

• mikebotann
    10 years ago

I found it in one of my books on petrified wood. Yes, it is very interesting in the way it grew.
    I have a few petrified wood rocks around here and have been to the petrified forest in Arizona several times. Some of the trees there are very beautiful.
    Mike

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mike,

Yeah, the trunks of this genus have very bizarre but beautiful markings. If they are around, I am sure they would be ornamental trees. How unfortunate? In fact, 99.99% trees ever existed had become extinct.

Brandon,
    Would you mind sharing your creationism perspective of the green sentence:-)

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    10 years ago

Juju,

Trees are all part of the program written by the Giant Mother Flying Ravioli Monster. When she gets bored with the program, she rewrites it. This causes our unreal brains to perceive that the trees go away. If you will blink multiple times while hopping on your left leg, you will eventually see this truth. You should give it a try and let us know the result. If you don't get results quickly, you just need to be persistent.

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Posted by brandon7 7 TN (My Page) on Tue, Feb 4, 14 at 15:12

Brandon, normally, our colleagues on GW would consider your post above, 100% (one hundred per cent) garbage.

For the purpose of logic, may I ask you:

1. Have you seen your Giant Mother Flying Ravioli Monster who write and rewrite programs?

2. Have other people seen your Giant Mother Flying Ravioli Monster who write and rewrite programs?

3. Can you invite your Giant Mother Flying Ravioli Monster who write and rewrite programs, to the United Nations, to give a speech?

4. Who created your Giant Mother Flying Ravioli Monster who write and rewrite programs?

5. If your Giant Mother Flying Ravioli Monster only write programs, where do materials come from?

• j0nd03
    10 years ago

"Play me online, you know that I'll beat you. If I ever meet you, I'll Carl + alt +del you. What!"

Here is a link that might be useful: It's all about the Pentiums

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    10 years ago

Juju, surely you are not trying to question my religious beliefs are you? If so, that would be highly inappropriate of you!

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    10 years ago

Did you try the meditation techniques I listed above? If you have doubt about the validity of the beliefs but will not attempt something that can prove them, you must not be very open minded.

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Brandon, let me ask a simple question: if you were drunk and passed out, does that mean that: the physical world no longer exist, I and all other GWer's all cease to exist?

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    10 years ago

J0nd03,

Cool link. It's been a loooong time since I saw old Al.

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Posted by brandon7 7 TN (My Page) on Tue, Feb 4, 14 at 19:03

Brandon, do you understand my question?

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    10 years ago

"Brandon, let me ask a simple question: if you were drunk and passed out..."

The Giant Mother Flying Ravioli Monster has never programmed me to be drunk. In fact, I only very rarely ever drink any alcoholic beverages. So, the question is even more invalid than it otherwise would be (if that's even possible).

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Posted by brandon7 7 TN (My Page) on Tue, Feb 4, 14 at 22:22

Brandon, I am speaking of an imagined assumption and a subsequent proposition.

The imagined assumption does not need to be true. The point is only on the if condition and the subsequent proposition under the if condition.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    10 years ago

Your question also implies that the physical world actually exists! Did you try the blinking and hopping yet?

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    10 years ago

On second thought, you seem not to be open to the wonders of the programmable universe. Maybe we should just go back to talking about trees, even if they don't exist.

This post was edited by brandon7 on Tue, Feb 4, 14 at 23:17

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Brandon,

I think you need to get some education on Idealism. Idealism is the group of philosophies which assert that reality, or reality as we can know it, is fundamentally mental, mentally constructed, or otherwise immaterial.

Can you bring Lepidodendron back into life by your imagination?

In another way, even if you passed out, your mind is out, we, the other people, still see the world exist. Therefore, your mind does not define the physical world. Your mind merely reflects the physical world. When you deprive blood from your brain, your pass out, but the world is still there. The physical world is independent from your mind and your perception.

This post was edited by jujujojo on Tue, Feb 4, 14 at 23:21

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    10 years ago

You should already know the answers to all of your questions if you had simply tried the blinking and hopping? You should give it a try.

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Brandon,
    I have dismissed your blinking and hopping method. You are pretty primitive in this aspect which falls into philosophy.

Read what I wrote:

In another way, even if you passed out, your mind is out, we, the other people, still see the world exist. Therefore, your mind does not define the physical world. Your mind merely reflects the physical world. When you deprive blood from your brain, your pass out, but the world is still there. The physical world is independent from your mind and your perception.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    10 years ago

See, the people that came up with idealism philosophy hadn't tried the blinking or hopping (or at least hadn't performed it sufficiently), so they were not able to see what was beyond their mind (or what had been programmed for them to believe). However, if you'd give it a try, all things would eventually become understandable to you.

So, what ya know about trees?

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Posted by brandon7 7 TN (My Page) on Tue, Feb 4, 14 at 23:25

Laughing, blinking and hopping only physically impact your brain. They do not change the world which is independent from your brain; the world which your brain merely process and interpret for you.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    10 years ago

Your statement, "You are pretty primitive in this aspect which falls into philosophy," coupled with your supposed disproof of the Idealism philosophy is indeed the height of naivety, and pretty funny.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    10 years ago

"blinking and hopping only physically impact your brain."

Ahh, I can see you still haven't tried it. I guess your mind is just not open enough.

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Posted by brandon7 7 TN (My Page) on Tue, Feb 4, 14 at 23:29

Brandon, maybe, you could supply the "blinking and hopping" as a proof for the existence of your invisible friend; and send that paper to a professional journal. See if other people buy into such a "proof". To be honest, your entire line of arguments are rubbish, scientifically.

This post was edited by jujujojo on Wed, Feb 5, 14 at 16:13

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    10 years ago

I thought scientist were supposed to run test and not make unnecessary assumptions! Are you sure you are familiar with scientific concepts. You don't seem like the scientific type at all.

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Posted by brandon7 7 TN (My Page) on Wed, Feb 5, 14 at 0:12

I have pointed out a scientific path for you:

Write your "blinking and hopping" as a proof for the existence of your invisible friend who write "programs" for all trees; and send your paper to a professional journal. See if other people buy into such a "proof".

This post was edited by jujujojo on Wed, Feb 5, 14 at 16:23

• j0nd03
    10 years ago

Actually our universe possibly being a simulation is an accepted scientific possibility, jujujojo.

In the video I linked to, world renown evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins and quantum physicist Brian Green discuss this at length. There are many similar YouTube videos that discuss such and many books have been written on the subject from different points of view.

I don't honestly think you post here for insight of any kind, especially philosophical or religious, so I won't partake in further debate with you. I certainly can not say I believe we live in a simulated universe but I do acknowledge the possibility.

Here is a link that might be useful: Simulation

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Posted by j0nd03 (My Page) on Wed, Feb 5, 14 at 8:42

Let me clarify your point.

1 - Is the "simulated universe" your answer to my question: "in fact, 99.99% trees ever existed had become extinct" ?

2 - Do you consider a "simulated universe" justification of monotheism or absolutism demonstrated by Brandon?

• j0nd03
    10 years ago

Watch the video...

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    10 years ago

This was fun(ny) for a while, then became boring, and is now very boring. Juju, you are a real "piece of work" as they say. I am off to other more interesting conversations. Have fun.

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Posted by mikebotann 8a SE of Seattle (mikebotann@gmail.com) on Tue, Feb 4, 14 at 12:55

Do you have a link to the petrified forest in Arizona? Did you take pictures of the beautiful woods?

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    10 years ago

I like the way the 'blinking and hopping' technique has evolved into 'blinking and hoping' ......

Brandon, do you reckon the revised version would be more effective?

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    10 years ago

No, Juju needs to do some serious hopping. I predict it will take more for her than most because she does not have an open mind. (-:

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Posted by brandon7 7 TN (My Page) on Wed, Feb 5, 14 at 19:35

I am very open minded. I have listed my open questions to you, in a post above, but you seem to be offended. You have not supplied any answer to them.

I need scientific evidences and rational logic. I am not faith-based. My parents did not force me to believe in any deity during my upbringing.

• mikebotann
    10 years ago

"Do you have a link to the petrified forest in Arizona? Did you take pictures of the beautiful woods?"

Sorry for the delay. The pictures were buried in the depths of my computer and took awhile to find and then get them in Photobucket.
    You can Google Petrified Forest National Park, Az. and get all sorts of pictures.
    Here's some of mine. Click on the picture for more.
    Mike
    {{gwi:332197}}

Sponsored
Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars76 Reviews
Award-Winning Interior Designer in Loudoun County | 12x Best of Houzz